I see quite often the subject of water fluoridation considered a conspiracy theory. Yet every time I search for this subject I get some very credible links and info that I find very hard to dismiss. One of the more important facts that jumps out to me is that most of the developed world doesn’t fluoridate their water and has no difference in tooth decay compared to countries that do.
Recently the Berry Morgan Show interviewed Dr. Barry Dolman, President of the Quebec Order of Dentists about the push to mandate the municipal governments with developing a province-wide fluoride program to decrease tooth decay in children.
The question that I will ask here is if fluoride has no effect on tooth decay when taken internally through water, why are we being forced to ingest a poison?
And yes it is a poison called “disodium hexa-fluorosilicate S7″, in fact a by-product of aluminum production that the industry can’t seem to get rid of except to sell it to put into our water. A not so well known fact is that if you swallow more than a pea sized bit of toothpaste, the warning on the tube states that you should immediately seek medical attention, yet a glass of water has about the same amount of fluoride in it.
Its about time the addition of disodium hexafluorosilicate going into our city water supplies is thoroughly investigated. It is a poison. It Is Disodium Hexafluorosilicate (not Calcium Fluoride), Hexafluorosilicate S7 is a poison used as rat poison, pesticides, insecticide, weevil and termite bait, used in wood preservative, a moth repellent!, and most shockingly PROZAC is 95% made of this de facto drug.
Prozac is a fluorinated drug called “fluoxetine”.
Paxil is a fluorinated drug called “paroxetine” (also called Seroxat, Aropax). These drugs are designed to inhibit the reuptake of serotonin (serotonin reuptake inhibitors – SSRIs) and hence interfere with the biological actions of serotonin, a neurotransmitter. Both drugs contain fluorine and chloride. Fluoride is present as a ’4-fluorophenyl‘ compound, part of the ‘active’ ingredient.
Fluorophenyl compounds have shown to disturb thyroid hormone activity in several ways, specifically in the liver and at the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) axis.
Serotonin Deficiency In humans, defective signalling of serotonin in the brain may be the root cause of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Scientists from the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Monterotondo, Italy genetically modified lab mice to produce low levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin. The results showed the mice suffered drops in heart rate and other symptoms of SIDS, and many of the animals died at an early age. Researchers now believe low levels of serotonin in the animals’ brainstems, which control heartbeat and breathing, may have caused sudden death, they said in the July 4, 2008 issue of Science. If neurons that make serotonin — serotonergic neurons — are abnormal in infants, there is a risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
Low levels of serotonin may also be associated with intense spiritual experiences.
Recent research conducted at Rockefeller University shows, in both patients who suffer from depression and mice that model the disorder, levels of the p11 protein are decreased. This protein is related to serotonin transmission within the brain
Serotonin in mammals is made by two different tryptophan hydroxylases: TPH1 produces serotonin in the pineal gland and the enterochromaffin cells, while TPH2 produces it in the raphe nuclei and in the myenteric plexus. Genetically altered mice lacking TPH1 develop progressive loss of heart strength early on. They have pale skin and breathing difficulties, are easily tired, and eventually die of heart failure. Genetically altered mice that lack TPH2 are normal when they are born. However, after three days they appear to be smaller and weaker, and have softer skin than their siblings. In a purebred strain, 50% of the mutants died during the first four weeks, but in a mixed strain, 90% survived. Normally, the mother weans the litter after three weeks, but the mutant animals needed five weeks. After that, they caught up in growth and had normal mortality rates. Subtle changes in the autonomic nervous system are present, but the most obvious difference from normal mice is the increased aggressiveness and impairment in maternal care of young. Despite the blood-brain barrier, the loss of serotonin production in the brain is partially compensated by intestinal serotonin. The behavioural changes become greatly enhanced if one crosses TPH1- with TPH2-lacking mice and gets animals that lack TPH entirely
The factual cause of the social decline that marks our age is to be found in the two-hundred-year history of psychiatry and psycho-therapy at its most evasive and mild applications.
Since its earliest days, when trusted psychiatrists chained, flogged, starved or tortured their patients into total submission, little has changed.
Then, as now, the goal was the subjugation of the individual, not to cure madness.
The brutal treatments psychiatry evolved and still uses to this day—electroshock therapy, psychosurgery and debilitating drugs—stand as testament to that fact.
Once psychiatry moved beyond its asylum walls and into society came the truly disastrous results.
In today’s psychiatry, motivated by its mission to “follow the money”—to quote a contemporary president of the American Psychiatric Association—we are witnessing a profit-driven, corrupt industry that leaves death and destruction in its wake.
Despite trillions of dollars invested in it, psychiatry does not cure or alleviate. On the contrary, psychiatrists ruin lives and undermine our social institutions at huge cost. Something can and must be done about this dangerous profession.
Strong words, perhaps, but based on cold, hard facts. Facts everyone should know.
And the first step to effective action in eliminating this scourge is knowing the truth of how psychiatry goes about its work.
What does this have to do with [Y]our City?
It begins many years ago with the nazi-chemical weapons programs, however through international conventions and progressive partnerships with the old world personnel of the nazi-era. We have been systematically forced to accept medication through additives in the water supply. Today, Brant County’s fluoride programme and additives are sanctioned by Dr. MALCOM LOCK, head of the Brant County Health Unit an accredited agency that provides advisory recommendations to the City of Brantford of the need to medicate the People that use the water supply.
The people of Brant county are told that the Additives are simple and do not cause any harm, it is included into the water system to prevent dental complication, however by making such a statement, they are admitting to the foreknowledge of the medicinal effects and presumed benefits.
The city and the health unit are attempting to chemically lobotomize its clients [citizens] so that they are docile and do not have the mind to fight for their well being and way of life.
Here are some facts to think about…
Fluoride compounds which are put in water (fluoridation), were never tested for safety before approval. Recent independent research by scientists not associated with dental trade organizations has shown the following:
Neurotoxin and Lowers IQ
Dr. Phyllis Mullenix published research showing that fluoride built up in the brains of animals when exposed to moderate levels. Damage to the brain occurred and the behaviour patterns of the animals was adversely affected. The toxic effects of fluoride on the central nervous system was subsequently confirmed by previously-classified government research. Two new epidemiological studies which tend to confirm fluoride’s neurotoxic effects on the brain have shown that children exposed to higher levels of fluoride had lower IQs.
While holding a dual appointment to Harvard and the Forsyth Dental Research Institute, Dr. Mullenix established the Department of Toxicology at Forsyth for the purpose of investigating the environmental impact of substances that were used in dentistry. During that undertaking she was also directed by the institute’s head to investigate fluoride toxicity.
A study published in Brain Research shows that rats drinking only 1 part per million fluoride (NaF) in water had histologic lesions in their brain similar to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
The Department of Health in New Jersey found that bone cancer in male children was between two and seven times greater in areas where water was fluoridated. A new study has shown that fluoridation of water is linked to uterine cancer deaths.
Changes Bone Structure and Strength
Fluoride gradually builds up in the bones and causes adverse changes to the bone structure. Quite a few studies have shown that fluoridation leads to increases in hip fractures.
Causes Birth Defects and Prenatal Deaths
Prenatal deaths in a fluoridated area was 15% higher than in neighbouring non-fluoridated areas. Chile banned fluoridation because of research by the world-renowned researcher, Dr Albert Schatz, which showed a link to infant deaths due to fluoridation.
Fluoride compounds in water and in supplements do not provide any significant cavity-protecting effects. All of the recent large-scale studies of water fluoridation have shown that there are no positive effects. That is why countries without fluoridation have shown an equal improvement in dental health as those with fluoridation.
Impairs Immune System
Independent research has shown that fluoride impairs the functioning of the immune system. In the United States, where toxic fluoride compounds are regularly added to water and given to children since the 1960s and 1970s, we are beginning to see an overwhelming number of people of that generation who are developing chronic immune system disorders.
Causes Initial Stages of Skeletal Fluorosis
Fluoride can cause severe skeletal fluorosis at high levels. Chronic, long-term exposure to levels of fluoride commonly found in water and food in the U.S. can cause the beginning stages of skeletal fluorosis.
Fluoride Causes Osteoarthritis
In a study published in Rheumatology International in 2001, researchers found a link between fluoride exposure and the development of osteoarthritis. The level of exposure that caused osteoarthritis is common in the United States.
Causes Permanent Disfigurement of the Teeth in Many Children
A very large and increasing number of children are experiencing dental fluorosis which is a permanent adverse structural change to the teeth.
Inhibits Key Enzymes
As fluoride builds up in different parts of the body over decades it can disrupt the actions of many key enzymes. This fact has been known for a long time.
Suppresses Thyroid Function
Fluoride was given at low levels during the early to mid 20th century as an effective way of suppressing thyroid function and treating hyperthyroidism. Articles and research can be found on the Thyroid web page.
Causes Large Numbers of Acute Poisonings
Fluoride is an extremely poisonous substances at exceptionally low doses and has caused a large number of acute poisonings. This is why a poison warning is now required on fluoridated toothpastes sold in the U.S.
Fluoridation amounts to forced medication of the water supply. Such practices demonstrate a complete lack of ethics on the part of its promoters. Studies as early the 1930s showed extreme hazards to man and the environment due to fluoride dumping and exposure. Companies and organizations involved used the promotion of “fluoridation” as a way to avoid lawsuits due to dumping toxic wastes and later for economic gain.
The following 12 points require no expertise in fluoride toxicity, just common sense.
1. Only parents or individuals have the right to decide if they or their children take drugs. This point should end the debate on compulsory fluoridation. (The U.S. Food and Drug Administration show fluoride isn’t a food, nutrient or dietary supplement: “Sodium fluoride used for therapeutic effect *[e.g. water fluoridation] would be a drug, not a mineral nutrient.” F.D.A. 1963).
2. Claiming fluoride is natural, as it is found in the Earth’s crust or water, is misleading. So is arsenic, mercury and other poisons. The fluoride chemical used for fluoridation in Australia is untreated toxic waste captured inside fertiliser factory smokestacks.
3. Doctors have legal and medical restrictions in prescribing drugs. A patient’s medical history, age, weight, sex, allergic reactions, other drugs taken and illnesses must be determined. After an adequate medical examination, scripts must be for a specific person, drug, duration and dose – never ‘take some whenever you’re thirsty’. Harmful side-effects must be explained. You have the right to refuse! These 14 safety requirements are vital. All are ignored with fluoridation.
4. The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer, reports sodium silicofluoride [as used for fluoridation in Australia] as, “… an insecticide, fungicide, bactericide and rodenticide [rat poison] … [and] a fluoridating agent for municipal drinking-water. … The Commission of the European Communities (1978) requires that sodium silicofluoride be labelled as toxic by inhalation, in contact with the skin or if swallowed.” I.A.R.C. Monograph on the Evaluation of the Carcinogenic Risk of Chemicals to Humans, 27-4-82, p 250.
5. Fluoride deaths. In a 5 month court case of world experts in Pittsburgh 1978, scientists, led by Dr Burk, a US National Cancer Institute founder and its Chief Chemist for 35 years, proved fluoridation
**kills 10,000 yearly (cancer), admitted by opponents under cross-examination. In Brisbane, 2 year old
**Jason Burton died after taking 6 fluoride pills. His death certificate states, ‘Fluoride poisoning’. In New York, 3 year old **William Kennerly died from a ‘fluoride rinse’ at a dentist. The Court awarded US$750,000.
6. Fluoridation is undemocratic. We’ve rejected fluoridation in over 90% of referendums with votes as high as 98% against. Now, referendums are denied us.
7. Fluoridation does not reduce decay. Few (4%) countries are fluoridated yet nearly all have decades of falling decay rates, including all 10 (unfluoridated) in west continental Europe. WHO (www.whocollab.od.mah.se)1. Also, decay was reducing decades before fluoridation, e.g. NZ school records since 1930 show steep decay reductions for 25-35 years before fluoridation.
8. Fluoride is so toxic it causes fluorosis, a disease of constant ‘whole body’ fluoride poisoning. Its first sign is chalky white mottling of teeth called dental fluorosis. Teeth can also fracture, pit or become dark brown. This irreversible, disfiguring tooth decay is the cellular break down of teeth. Australia’s three major government fluoridation inquiries (Tas 1968, Vic 1979, ACT 89-91) all reported that up to 10% of children will get mottled teeth if water is fluoridated. In practice, mottling is as high as 48% (UK Govt. York Report, 2000). Dentists make $600-$1,200 per tooth to hide (cover) fluorosis.
9. Fluoridation aside, most other decay is due to a poor diet of lots of processed carbohydrates, e.g. we average 22 teaspoons of sugar a day. The only reason teeth get badly decayed is they weren’t filled early enough as parents often can’t pay the high costs charged by dentists (earning up to $500,000 a year).
10. Australian authorities often make mistakes. Fluoridation is claimed to be safe, but so was Arsenic, DDT, Thalidomide, Dioxin, Asbestos, Agent Orange, the Dalkon Shield, Deildrin, Mercury, Lead and more recently, Vioxx, all shown later to harm or kill people. But at least they weren’t compulsory. Fluoridation is!
11. If someone tried to force us to take a pill every time we drank a glass of water, we’d suggest they go where it’s eternally hot. The only real difference with fluoridation is that the pill is dissolved in the water before they make us take it.
12. Among experts, the controversy rages over fluoridation. Regardless of who’s right, if the safety of any drug is so hugely controversial, doesn’t common sense demand it not be used at all? Certainly not forced on millions of people for their whole life!
Fluoride Banned in Many Countries
Fluoridation is not legal or not used in the overwhelming number of countries including industrialized countries.
Countries That Do Not Fluoridate Water
Many countries oppose water fluoridation. In 2000, government authorities from various countries were asked if they fluoridated their water and if not, why. Several countries (Portugal, Romania, Denmark, Austria, and China) simply stated that their water was not fluoridated without giving any reasons.
Other countries that did not fluoridate provided the following reasons:
The Netherlands: opposed to putting medical additives into the water.
Belgium: opposed to putting medical additives into the water.
Hungary: ran into technical problems that made fluoridation seem unreasonable.
Switzerland: uses fluoridated salt instead but preserve choice since people can buy non-fluoridated salt.
Note: The cost of fluoridating salt is borne by the manufacturer rather than by municipalities.
Luxembourg: “drinking water isn’t the suitable way for medicinal treatment. . . people needing an addition of fluoride can decide by their own to use the most appropriate way, like the intake of fluoride tablets”
Sweden: “Drinking water fluoridation is not allowed in Sweden due to repeal in 1971 of the Drinking Water Fluoridation Act issued in 1962. . . . New scientific documentation or changes in the dental health situation that could alter the conclusions of the commission have not been shown.”
Norway: “we had a rather intense discussion on this subject some 20 years ago, and the conclusion was that drinking water should not be fluoridated. It was therefore up to each individual to decide whether to use fluoride tablets, toothpaste or mouthwash.”
Finland: has no fluoridation because “there are better ways of providing the fluoride our teeth need.” The Finnish Dentists’ Association recommends the use of fluoride pills.
Japan: “there is no need to supply fluoridated water to ALL users because:
(1) the impacts of fluoridated water on human health depends on each human being so that inappropriate application may cause health problems of vulnerable people, and,
(2) there is [sic] other ways for the purpose of dental health care, such as direct F-coating on teeth and using fluoridated dental paste and these ways should be applied at one’s free will.”
France: “Fluoride chemicals are not included in the list [of ‘chemicals for drinking water treatment’]. This is due to ethical as well as medical considerations.” (Louis Sanchez, Directeur de la Protection de l’Environment, August25, 2000). France does have fluoridated salt as a choice.
Czech Republic: Stopped fluoridation in 1989 because it was
(1) uneconomical since “only 0.54% of water suitable for drinking water is used as such,”
(3) “unethical (forced medication),”
(4) it “disregards actual individual intake and requirements”.
India: Rather than putting fluoride into the water, India is removing “the fluoride that pollutes the water naturally. . .we know that fluoride is injurious to health.” Furthermore, it is mandated that toothpaste cartons indicate the fluoride content and state that “children below 4 years of age should not use fluoridated toothpaste as fluoride is injurious to health.” India has a problem with fluorosis in 17 of the 32 states leading the government to recommend that individuals not use fluoridated toothpaste.
Germany: stopped all fluoridation and provided the most extensive reasons for that action via a position statement issued by the DVGW (German Technical and Scientific Association for Gas and Water). As the letter indicated, “The information is dated 1992, but we still fully agree with this statement.” The DVGW sets technical standards that are used in the operation of water systems in Germany and the European Union. The following are quotes from the DVGW position statement.
(1) “It is not the task of water supply companies to add substances to drinking water intended as prophylactics against illness not caused by drinking water.”
(2) “Caries is not the manifestation of fluoride deficiency, but is the result of a generally false nutrition and inefficient dental May 1, 2008 hygiene. Unwholesome habits resulting in caries are not eliminated by the fluoridation of drinking water; on the contrary, they are promoted.”
(3) “The suggested optimal fluoride concentration of 1 mg per litre is very close to the dose with which long term detrimental effects in people cannot be excluded. . . the limit value in drinking water cannot be justified in view of different habits and therefore differing consumption of drinking water and the uncontrolled intake of fluorides from other sources. The safety of a lifelong accumulation of fluoride in the human body as a result of increased intake is disputed in medical science throughout the world.”
(4) “More than 99 per cent [of fluoride contained in drinking water] would be discharged with waste water directly into the environment. This additional fluoride emission into waters is unacceptable for ecological reasons.”
(5) “The consumer cannot avoid fluoridated drinking water made available by public water supply. This mandatory intake of fluoride violates the basic right to bodily freedom from injury . . . provided by the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany.”
(6) “Fluoride intake for the prevention of caries is more effective with specific measures taken by the individual than by fluoridation of drinking water.”
(7) “An assessment of risks vs. benefits involving both the health aspects and ecological consequences justifies DVGW’s rejection of the fluoridation of drinking water.”
Most of these countries without water fluoridation rank well above the United States and Canada in terms of low infant mortality rates and long life expectancies—commonly used benchmarks for the overall health of a country’s citizens.
The estimated 2008 data from the CIA World Factbook ranks the USA in 47th place on life expectancy (well behind Japan, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Norway, Austria, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Belgium, and Finland), and in 43rd place on infant mortality rate (behind Portugal, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, Finland, France, Japan, and Sweden).
The Factbook ranks Canada surprisingly at 12th for life expectancy although its hard to know how many illnesses or death are onset by the defacto-drug , Canada still has room to improve. With the prevalence of common sense we could in the near future be number one for life expectancy.
Hence, it is difficult to argue that these countries are uninformed on health matters. It is also difficult to argue that the decline in tooth decay is the result of fluoridation since tooth decay rates are dropping in all countries, whether fluoridated or not.
Dental care and health practices have improved in all countries. The preceding information indicates that Brant county could preserve choice and still not compromise tooth decay rates by stopping the fluoridation of water.
Improved dental hygiene education together with alternative measures such as providing xylitol gum, fluoride tablets, fluoridated toothpaste, and monetary assistance to low income families would achieve the goals of both proponents and opponents of water fluoridation and at far less cost.
Classification of Hazardous Material
Toxic liquids and solids, Division 6.1, are materials liable to harm human health, or cause injury or death, if swallowed, absorbed via skin, or inhaled. Examples include pesticides, cyanides, and arsenates. Gases with a toxic hazard are assigned to Division 2.3 rather than Division 6.1.
Toxic liquids and solids are divided into three packing groups based on very severe, serious or relatively low toxic risk. Classification is based on human experience and/or animal experimentation where LD50 and LC50 represent the lethal dosage and concentration, respectively, which are most likely to cause death in 50% of the animals tested.
Structure of Sodium fluorosilicate (CAS NO.16893-85-9):
IUPAC Name: disodium hexafluorosilicon(2-)
Empirical Formula: F6Na2Si
Molecular Weight: 188.06
Hazard Note: Irritant
Poison by ingestion and subcutaneous routes. A skin and severe eye irritant. An insecticide. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of F? and Na2O.